- Board-Certified Neurosurgeon
- Physician AssistantGerald Frey is a certified Maryland Physician assistant and a Fellow of the American Academy of Physician?s Assistants. He earned a B.S. degree in Medical Science from Alderson Broaddus College in 2002. He received special recognition for his achievements in and knowledge of surgery, and is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. After 14 years of experience assisting Dr. Caruso in the office and the hospital, Mr. Frey is a valuable part of our team.
- Physician AssistantStephanie Hamrick began her career as a Neurosurgical Physician Assistant at Parkway Neuroscience and Spine Institute with Dr. Caruso in January of 2014. She graduated with a Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Shenandoah University and a Bachelor's Degree in Biology with a concentration in Microbiology and Immunology from Virginia Tech. She is currently certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. She enjoys seeing patients in the office, as well as assisting Dr. Caruso in the operating room.
- Medical AssistantLinda Helser is a credentialed Medical Assistant with 40 years of experience. Dedicated, kind and caring, she had assisted Dr. Caruso for many years, and works hard to make our patients experience at Parkway Brain and Spine as comfortable as possible.
- Clinical ManagerKaren began her healthcare career as a resident assistant over 20 years ago. She obtained her LPN license and then furthered her professional career on to a Master's Degree in Nursing Informatics. Her background encompasses geriatric patient care, Podiatry and Urological patient care and surgery, in out-patient ambulatory centers, and most recently Neurosurgery. She is a patient advocate and enjoys working for a patient centered practice. She loves spending time with her husband and her many nieces and nephews.
I have sent many people to see Dr. Caruso and will continue to do so.— Leslie S. —